Click HERE to follow the tour!
Welcome to my stop on the Summoned blog tour! Today I have 5 Random Things about Anne M. Pillsworth!
Don't forget to enter the tour-wide giveaway at the end of the post!
Author: Anne M. Pillsworth
Publisher: Tor Teen
Publication Date: June 24, 2014
Age Group: Young Adult
When the Elder Gods extend an invitation, be wary of the strings attached
While browsing in a rare book store in Arkham, Sean finds an occult book with an ad seeking an apprentice sorcerer, from a newspaper dated March 21, 1895. Even more intriguing, the ad specifically requests applicants reply by email.
Sean’s always been interested in magic, particularly the Lovecraftian dark mythology. Against his best friend Edna’s (“call-me-Eddy-or-else”) advice, he decides to answer the ad, figuring it’s a clever hoax, but hoping that it won’t be. The advertiser, Reverend Redemption Orne, claims to be a master of the occult born more than 300 years ago. To prove his legitimacy, Orne gives Sean instructions to summon a harmless but useful familiar—but Sean’s ceremony takes a dark turn, and he instead accidentally beckons a bloodthirsty servant to the Cthulhu Mythos god Nyarlathotep. The ritual is preemptively broken, and now Sean must find and bind the servitor, before it grows too strong to contain. But strange things are already happening in the town of Arkham….
***5 Random Things About Me***
by: Anne M. Pillsworth
- I have made peace with the spiders. In fact, I find myself very fond of jumping spiders, like the big handsome black and white one that lives in my garden hose trolley. Centipedes, on the other hand, remain the essence of evil and a blight upon the universe. Though if they just stay out of my sight, we'll be cool.
- My superpower is the ability to ignore reality for extended periods of time, even when it's kicking me in the butt. Take that, reality.
- I don't always drink lattes, but when I do, I prefer whole milk and caramel.
- Real estate credo: No house should have more bathrooms than it has residents. I mean, come on, who wants to clean all that? Also, quartz countertops own granite.
- If I could live in Middle Earth, I'd have to split my year between Rivendell and Hobbiton, with maybe a couple weeks at Tom Bombadil's house during water-lily season. You see, I am Sam Gamgee. Sean Astin just plays me in the movies.
About the Author:
I was born in Troy, New York, but I currently live just outside Providence, Rhode Island, at the head of beautiful Narragansett Bay. New England has long been my spiritual home, and the region informs much of my fiction. One day I hope to find Lovecraft’s portals to his mythical towns of witch-haunted Arkham and Kingsport, shadowed Innsmouth and accursed Dunwich. Until then, I’ll just have to write about them..
I am a member of SFWA and HWA and a rabid Austenite. Don’t those three always go together?
Apart from writing, I like gardening, swimming, king cobras, jumping spiders, and cats. No cobras or cats at the moment, but the jumping spiders are always with us. In spite of maintaining a mental age of between twelve and sixteen, I have just married my partner of more than thirty years. Thanks to the RI Legislature for finally living up to Roger Williams’ philosophy of crabbing at people he disagreed with but never denying the primacy of the personal conscience.