Today I have an awesome "10 Random Things" guest post by Eric Devine!
Also, enter to win a finished copy of Press Play!
Title: Press Play
Author: Eric Devine
Publisher: Running Press Kids
Release Date: October 28, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Greg Dunsmore, a.k.a. Dun the Ton, is focused on one thing: making a documentary that will guarantee his admission into the film school of his choice. Every day, Greg films his intense weight-loss focused workouts as well as the nonstop bullying that comes from his classmates. But when he captures footage of violent, extreme hazing by his high school’s championship-winning lacrosse team in the presence of his principal, Greg’s field of view is in for a readjustment.
Greg knows there is a story to be told, but it is not clear exactly what. And his attempts to find out the truth only create more obstacles, not to mention physical harm upon himself. Yet if Greg wants to make his exposé his ticket out of town rather than a veritable death sentence, he will have to learn to play the game and find a team to help him.
Combine the underbelly of Friday Night Lights with the unflinching honesty of Walter Dean Myers, and you will find yourself with Eric Devine’s novel of debatable truths, consequences, and realities.
"10 Random Things" about Eric Devine
- When I was seven or eight, I cut off the pad of my sister’s middle finger while reenacting Jawswith a pair of scissors. It’s okay, she has an awesome scar now.
- I once spent Christmas through New Year’s in Disney with my in-laws. I’m still traumatized.
- Since childhood I have always wondered why Winnie the Pooh doesn’t wear pants, but he wears a shirt.
- At parties in high school I was fond of “going to sleep” in bath tubs. I did not enjoy how much I hurt the next day.
- My wife and I forgot that we were supposed to get each other wedding gifts, and so while on our honeymoon in New Orleans, we decided to get a dog. She’s now a 12-year-old chocolate lab named Nola.
- My daughters and I love the show Gravity Falls so much that this weekend we are carving Jack O’ Watermelons, a la “Summerween”.
- The other day, one of my students told me I looked like Steve from Blue’s Clues. I wanted to cry.
- I have another dog, who is a Labrador mix. Mixed with what we didn’t know until she was full grown. We think overweight goat.
- Last winter, my seven-year-old daughter and I made zombie snowmen, complete with ripped apart Ken and Barbie dolls as victims, covered in fake blood.
- My wife and I have been together since we were 16, and only recently did I discover that we both love crunchy peanut butter.
Prize: One paperback copy of Press Play by Eric Devine
- Leave a meaningful comment on this post and include your email address or twitter username so that I have a way to contact you if you are the winner!
- Must be at least 14 years of age to enter or have permission from a parent or guardian.
- One comment per person
- Open Internationally
- One winner will be randomly chosen from all eligible comments on 10/28/14.