Title: TUNNEL VISION
Author: Susan Adrian
Release date: 1/20/2015
Publisher: St. Martin’s Griffin
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Sci-Fi/Action & Adventure
A big thanks to St. Martin's Griffin for inviting me to be a part of the TUNNEL VISION blog tour!
Check out my interview with author Susan Adrian, and then go read TUNNEL VISION. It is a truly awesome book filled with mystery, suspense, and a creepy yet super intriguing ability!
1. Which character in Tunnel Vision was your favorite to write and why?
Jake! It has to be Jake. He's the voice of the book, so the voice in my head and the one I most relate to. He's great fun to write, and I love telling his story. Second would be Myka.
2. What is the last book you read and loved?
ILLUSIONS OF FATE by Kiersten White. It was so amazingly good—with magic and a Victorian-ish world and a wonderful main character. I was just dying that I couldn't read more.
3. Who or what has inspired your writing the most?
Definitely my fellow young adult writers—but as a group, not as an individual person. The community is so supportive, and so inspiring as a whole in the fantastic work they do. A very small sampling of individual writers who inspired me, from all ages: Jane Austen, Douglas Adams, Mary Stewart, Diana Gabaldon, Susan Cooper, Madeleine L'Engle, Courtney Summers, Laini Taylor, Kiersten White, Vicki Pettersson, Victoria Schwab…the list is very long.
4. If you had Jake's ability, who would you most want to "tunnel" into?
I probably wouldn't be a very good person to have this ability, because I wouldn't use it very well. I'd tunnel to my family if I was worried about them, to make sure they were okay…and if I could help people, like kidnap victims, I would do that too.
5. Tell us three totally random things about yourself.
- I sing alto rather badly in a choir.
- I was a ballet dancer for eight years, from ages 8 to 16, and honestly thought I was going to be a professional dancer.
- I love licorice, even though everyone else in my family hates it. More for me!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
BUY THE BOOK
*FOLLOW THE TOUR*
Jan. 20th – Fiktshun
Jan. 21st – A Dream Within A Dream
Jan. 22nd – Books, Bones & Buffy
Jan. 23rd – The Young Folks
Jan. 24th – Dani’s Book Nirvana
Jan. 25th – Lit Bites
Jan. 26th – Unbound Books
Jan. 27th – Jessabella Reads
Jan. 28th – Word Spelunking
Jan. 29th – Journey Through Fiction
Jan. 30th – The Write Path
Jan. 31st – Bibliophilia, Please
Feb. 1st – Lindsay Cummings
Feb. 2nd – My Guilty Obsession