***10 Random Things About Maya Rock***
- My favorite take-out is the veggie sampler platter from Queen of Sheba, an Ethiopian restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen.
- I don’t like peanut butter, it’s not an allergy. I just really really don’t like the taste.
- When I was a child, the Grand Central terminal station ceiling was under repair for twelve years, and the only way I knew what was beyond the scaffolding was because my Dad described it to me. I’m still amazed every time I go there and can look up and see the consolations.
- I have a terrible memory for lyrics. It’s so annoying because I love to sing along, but am always getting the crucial word wrong. I heard “Blister in the Sun” today and couldn’t figure out whether to sing “pink hands” or “big hands.” Meanwhile the other person in the coffee shop was whistling the guitar riff.
- I can balance well, which has helped with skiing and ice skating. Otherwise I’m athletically disinclined. Someone told me that if you have big feet but aren’t that tall, it helps with balance. I think that’s the situation here.
- I had a system for creating the last names in Scripted, but I’m not sure if anyone’s ever going to notice! Everyone’s last name indicates their social class.
- I drag everyone to diners.
- For about two years I had a very difficult time pronouncing “Nicaragua.”
- My karaoke go-to is “Semi-Charmed Kind of Life.” Apparently, the lyrics that are “I want something else to get me through this . . . life” were originally “I want nothing else to get me through this . . . life.” This fact is editing in a nutshell for me!
- I once waited on Kofi Annan. He’s not even famous anymore.
***About the Author***
***Buy the Book***