Welcome to my stop on the Powerless blog tour hosted by Sourcebooks Fire!
Today I have an awesome guest post for you guys where Tera shares her "Top Ten Reasons to Date a Superhero" and Tracy shares her "Five Reasons Every Girl Should Date a Villain"! How fun is that?!?!?
Plus, there is an awesome giveaway, so be sure to enter!
Series: The Hero Agenda, Book #1
Authors: Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Genre: Young Adult (Paranormal)
Release Date: June 2, 2015
Kenna is tired of being "normal."
The only thing special about her is that she isn't special at all. Which is frustrating when you're constantly surrounded by superheroes. Her best friend, her ex-boyfriend, practically everyone she knows has some talent or power. Sure, Kenna's smart and independent, but as an ordinary girl in an extraordinary world, it's hard not to feel inferior.
So when three villains break into the lab where she interns, Kenna refuses to be a victim. She's not about to let criminals steal the research that will make her extraordinary too.
But in the heat of battle, secrets are spilled and one of the villains saves her life. Twice. Suddenly, everything Kenna thought she knew about good and evil, heroes and villains is upended. And to protect her life and those she loves, she must team up with her sworn enemies on a mission that will redefine what it means to be powerful and powerless...
Hi, Everyone! First of all, let me say how thrilled we are to be here today J. Tera and I are so excited about our new book, Powerless, and cannot wait to hear what you guys think of it!
We had so much fun writing this book—coming up with the idea and the world, plotting out the action (and there’s lots of action) and most of all, coming up with kickbutt characters. I think characters make or break any book and I think this is especially true when it comes to superheroes and villains—which is why we spent a ton of time coming up with what we think is the perfect cast! Our heroine, Kenna, is an ordinary girl in a superhero world—and she is not happy about that at all. A supergeek with an adventurous streak, she’s determined to figure out how to keep up with the superheroes around her. As for our hero, Draven, he’s a dark and dangerous villain with an agenda of his own, namely rescuing his cousin and best friend from the not-so-heroic clutches of our heroes. Add in Kenna’s bff, Rebel (whose name says it all), her bad boy boyfriend, Dante and goody-two-shoes brother, Riley (who always wears a cape), Kenna’s ex-boyfriend, Jeremy, and Nitro, a villain who has a tendency to accidentally set his friends on fire, and you can see why hijinks ensue …
Tracy's 5 Reason's Why Every Girl Should Date a Villain
So, I love, love, love a bad boy—and I particularly love our bad boys, Deacon, Dante and Nitro, so I’ll leave the best reasons to date a Superhero to Tera and instead, I’ll tell you five reasons every girl should date a villain …
1. They’re really hot. I mean, really hot. There’s just something about a guy who’s up to no good, especially when he tries to be good just for you.
2. They’re total badasses. While this might be a problem if you’re on their bad side, it works perfectly when you’re the love of their lives.
3. They don’t play by the rules. I’m not exactly what you would call a rule follower, so I love the fact that villains have a tendency to color outside the lines. I think the most interesting pictures—and things—happen that way …
4. They have really cool powers. I’m a huge fan of villain powers—and the fact that they don’t always have to use them for good. Sometimes they can just use them for mischief, or for fun, and what’s better than a guy who uses his powers to show you a good time …
5. You’ll never be bored. Villains aren’t predictable and dating one will always keep you on your toes (especially if he might accidentally set your hair on fire, like one of our villains can). Oh, and did I mention they’re HOT????
Tera’s Top 5 Reasons to Date A Superhero
1. They are reliable and punctual, which means you won’t but stuck waiting around for a date who might—or might not—show up. If they say they are going to be somewhere, then they will be there when they say they will.
2. They like to show off in the best possible ways. Whether it’s scoring sold-out tickets to an exclusive concert or flying you to LA for the best vegan sushi on the planet (it’s a real thing!), they’re always out to impress.
3. They take the chivalry thing seriously. They’ll hold the door open for you, pull out your chair at the table, and rush around to help you out of the car. They’ll pay the check without a second thought and sometimes it’s nice to be treated like a princess.
4. They live to save the day. Whether it’s a bad case of the flu or a nightmare situation at work or school, heroes will take care of you in a crisis. They’ll be at your side with a bowl of hearty soup or helping you knock out that last-minute report at three in the morning.
5. They want to be the best. Second place isn’t good enough for a hero, so they will do whatever it takes to be the best cook, best friend, best driver, best student, best kisser, best boyfriend. Best everything.
*About the Authors*
One fateful summer, Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs embarked on a nine hour (each way!) road trip to Santa Fe that ended with a flaming samurai, an enduring friendship, and the kernel of an idea that would eventually become Powerless. On their own, they have written YA tales about mermaids (Forgive My Fins, Tempest Rising), mythology (Doomed, Oh. My Gods., Sweet Venom), smooching (International Kissing Club), and fae princes (When Magic Sleeps). Between them, they have three boys (all Tracy), three dogs (mostly TLC), and almost fifty published books. Find TLC and the #TeamHillain headquarters at teralynnchilds.com. Check out Tracy and the #TeamVero lair at tracydeebs.com. Hang out with all the heroes, villains, ordinaries, and none-of-the-aboves at heroagenda.com.
Find Powerless:a Rafflecopter giveaway