Welcome to my stop on The Accident Season official blog tour!
Today I have 10 Random Things About Moira + a giveaway!
For fans of We Were Liars and How I Live Now comes a haunting, sexy, magically realistic debut about a family caught between a violent history, a taboo romance, and the mysteries lurking in their own backyard.
Every October Cara and her family become inexplicably and unavoidably accident-prone. Some years it's bad, like the season when her father died, and some years it's just a lot of cuts and scrapes. This accident season—when Cara, her ex-stepbrother, Sam, and her best friend, Bea, are 17—is going to be a bad one. But not for the reasons they think.
Cara is about to learn that not all the scars left by the accident season are physical: There's a long-hidden family secret underneath the bumps and bruises. This is the year Cara will finally fall desperately in love, when she'll start discovering the painful truth about the adults in her life, and when she'll uncover the dark origins of the accident season—whether she's ready or not.
*Author Guest Post*
10 Random Things About Moira Fowley-Doyle
- I’m half Irish and half French.
- I speak to my daughters in French but only ever write in English. My creative vocabulary is in English; my domestic vocabulary in French (both are equally important).
- I don’t speak Irish at all.
- I’ve been performing with the Rocky Horror Picture Show for ten years.
- The last bone I broke was halfway through the show last year – I slipped on rice onstage and broke my wrist. I wrote most of the revisions for The Accident Season one-handed.
- I’ve broken five bones since I was seventeen – my wrist, ankle, nose and two toes – and each break has a pretty good backstory.
- I have four tattoos. (Fewer tattoos than broken bones.)
- I worked as an extra on the TV show The Tudors and desperately coveted every dress I wore.
- I write stories on my laptop but poetry long-hand in notebooks.
- My next novel, however, is currently being written like a patchwork: on my laptop and in notebooks, in sketchpads and on the backs of receipts, in my phone, on the steam of the shower wall, on my skin.
Check out this AWESOME site created by Random House UK dedicated to The Accident Season!
You can listen to the playlist, order the book, and look at some REALLY REALLY COOL images to get you in the mood for this amazing book!!!
- Enter to win one finished copy of the accident season!
- Just leave a comment and your email address on this post about anything related to the book.(the guest post, the book's cover, Moira reading the excerpt, something on The Accident Season website...ect.)
- Open Internationally
- Ends 9/3/15 and winner will be chosen by Random.org
Follow the Tour:
My Friends are Fiction – interview - 8/10
A Midsummer Night’s Dream – review & giveaway - 8/11
Words Like Silver – Mood board & review - 8/12
My Book Muse –guest post - 8/13
Addicted Readers – interview - 8/14
The Eater of Books! – guest post - 8/17
Jessabella Reads – 10 Random Things - 8/18
It Starts at– review & giveaway - 8/19
The Reading Date – review - 8/20
Once Upon a Twilight – interview - 8/21